Profounders is a global early-stage VC that enables and invests in the defining companies of tomorrow. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) will explain how Profounders collects, uses and shares the personal data we collect from you in the course of operating our business and when you use our websites. This Notice is in accordance with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and is in relation to individuals outside of Profounders (referred to as “you” or “your” in this Notice).
In this Notice when reference is made to Profounders or we, our, us we mean Profounders ApS.
This Notice Describes:
- What is personal data?
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we share information with third parties?
- Sharing of data in other circumstances
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies and what is our Cookies Policy?
- Why do we share data outside of the EU/EEA?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us?
- How to contact the appropriate authorities?
1. What is ‘personal data’?
GDPR defines ‘personal data’ as meaning any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’) using information directly or indirectly associated with you.
2. What data do we collect?
As a data controller, we collect personal data to deliver our services. This includes:
- Personal information: name, gender, date of birth, age, passport details, government-issued numbers and identification documents, photos, signature, nationality, and professional credentials or background;
- Contact information
- Employment/business information
- Communications and information
- Financial and screening information
- Information relating to compliance matters
- Special categories of personal data
- Technical information
- Information about your visit to our website
- Preferences and views
- Transaction-related information
Your personal data may be collected by us directly from you or it may be supplied to us by another party. We may also collect personal data from other publicly or commercially available sources. By voluntarily providing us with your personal data, you are consenting to our use of it in accordance with this Notice.
3. How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Profounders with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online through our Typeform Application form
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
- At the time of employment or when leaving your position and joining our Alumni program
- Join us as an advisor, investor and complete our onboarding process
- Attend our events such as demo day, other online and offline events
Profounders may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Google Analytics
4. How will we use your data?
Profounders collects your data so that we can:
- Recruitment: We collect personal data of people we think may be potential founders in the Profounders program, as well as for recruitment into Profounders companies. This may include names, contact information, and past career experiences. Data is collected through consensually disclosed information (to our team or at events) or publicly available sources such as LinkedIn and similar social media outlets, and may be used for occasional targeted communications. This is on the grounds of our legitimate interest as a business that is premised on finding and developing the best entrepreneurial talent and is processed in accordance to regularly conducted legitimate interest assessment. We process this data for recruitment purposes (into founder companies and/or Profounders) only. The data is not transferred to third parties.
Data which you have provided or which we have found on LinkedIn and other public sources when looking to fill an open position is stored in our applicant data system. We will keep this data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed. With regard to recruitment, we will keep this data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period over when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position in question. When that period is over, we will keep the data for up to a further 6 months. Similar obligations and processes apply for Profounders’ recruitment of potential advisors, venture partners, and investors.
- Events: By attending Profounders events, you permit Profounders to make on-site recordings in which you may be included, by any means, such as video recording and photography. The videos and photos may be used in marketing or editorial material, as long as they are related to the article subject. You may request to be exempted from this by informing our team member at the event you attend or emailing email@example.com.
- Processing your subscription agreement to a Profounders fund
- Email you with opportunities that we think you may be interested in pursuing with us, our advisor or venture partner or supporters
- Processing your data for the purpose of employment at Profounders or Profounders portfolio companies
5. How do we share information with third parties?
If you agree, Profounders will share your data with the authorized third parties referred to herein. We may share personal data with the following third parties:
- Third party service providers: We use a range of third party service providers to deliver our services and develop our products. These include: Copper, MailChimp, G-suite, Confetti Events, Greenhouse, RecRight, AMCAT, HelloSign, Slack, Typeform. This Notice does not apply to such third party websites, and Profounders is not responsible for the content of such third party websites or the privacy practices of such third parties. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any third parties upon disclosing your information to such parties or visiting such third party websites.
- Investors, advisors, venture partners and supporters: We will seek your consent before sharing personal data with any of these third parties. The investors, advisors, venture partners and supporters we potentially share your personal data with are all listed on our website.
6. Sharing of data in other circumstances
There are certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, to prevent fraud against Profounders and/or our business partners, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
Profounders’ website is not designed for or directed towards children 13 years of age or under. We do not collect or maintain personal data about anyone 13 years of age or under.
If you do not consent to how we will use your data please contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. How do we store your data?
We value the security of your personal data and take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure it is protected from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Through our infrastructure, policies and internal training, we incorporate measures that:
- Ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services
- Restore the availability and access to personal data in a timely manner in event of a physical or technical incident
- Regularly test, assess and evaluate the effectiveness of technical and organisational measures for ensuring the security of the processing
Profounders will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary or as permitted by other applicable national rules, such as national Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism legislation. Once this time period has expired, we will delete or anonymize your data by removing it from our Google Cloud Storage servers, Google Drive as well as any products and services.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing. We collect limited personal data, such as names and email addresses, in order to communicate with business contacts, build brand awareness, share updates, publicise events, and fulfil other general marketing purposes. We do so through occasional email communications, ensuring minimal privacy impact.
You have the right at any time to stop Profounders from contacting you of any marketing communications or giving your data to other Profounders companies by clicking unsubscribe or emailing email@example.com.
9. What are your data protection rights?
Profounders would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Profounders for copies of your personal data. We may charge you an administrative fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Profounders correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Profounders to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Profounders erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Profounders restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Profounders’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Profounders transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. What are cookies and what is our cookies policy?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
11. Why do we share data outside of the EU/EEA?
We may transfer personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), for example, if a third party we share data with has servers located outside of the EEA. If this is the case, we will ensure that the transfer is legal and your data is secure by following the EU GDPR guidelines. You can request more details on the protection given to your personal information when it is transferred outside the EEA, by emailing email@example.com.
12. Privacy policies of other websites
13. How to contact us?
If you would like further information on the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of your personal information or the exercise of any of the rights listed above, please contact us.
You can do this by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer: Michael Honoré
14. How to contact the appropriate authorities
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Profounders has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact: Danish Data Protection Agency (”Datatilsynet”), Borgergade 28, 5., 1300 København, phone: +45 3319 3200, email@example.com.
Last Updated: 19 May 2021